Play and Learn for 8-9 year olds - £18 per class
Play and Learn for 8-9 year olds focuses on developing the maths, reading and writing skills that your child will learn as they progress through Year 3 and Year 4. Also each class will teach a key skill that your child will then have the opportunity to practise in a variety of activities.
Each lesson will have some or all of the following elements:
- Written activities closely matched to the National Curriculum in a variety of genres enabling your child to become an enthusiastic and confident writer.
- Reading comprehension activities to promote fluency and comprehension of the texts that they’ll study.
- Maths activities practising all of the key skills that your child will need to know.
- Activities will be carefully differentiated allowing children of all abilities to grow in confidence in every area of maths.
- Mental maths activities and test practise.
- Times tables games and activities.
- Extension activities for gifted and talented children.
- Specialist support for children with special educational needs.
After each lesson, the parents are talked through a comprehensive summary of the lesson. Also guidance is provided on additional activities that they could do with their child at home. Furthermore, each 50 minute lesson includes a snack and drink and one hour’s free play (on the day of their lesson). Finally classes are payable termly in advance, at a cost of £18 per session.