Fun to Learn for 5-6 year olds - £14 per class
This class follows on from the skills that they learnt in Nursery and supports their development as they move through Reception, preparing them for Key Stage 1. The classes are fun and interactive for the children and each lesson will develop key literacy, maths and phonics skills.
Each lesson will have some or all of the following elements:
- Maths and literacy games and activities to support your child towards achieving the skills expected by the end of Reception.
- Comprehensive phonics lessons reinforcing initial sounds and moving on to learning blended sounds using the nationally accredited scheme Read Write Inc.
- Fun songs for your child to learn to help them develop their language skills and vocabulary.
- A story read to them with sections that they can join in with to develop their reading and comprehension skills.
- Story telling activities to support the growth of your child’s imagination.
- Emerging writing activities.
After each lesson, the parents are talked through a comprehensive summary of the lesson as well as guidance on additional activities that they could do with their child at home. Bookings will be required termly in advance priced at £14 per class which includes a snack, drink and one hour’s free play (on the day).