Play and Learn for 6-7 year olds - £18 per class
Play and Learn for 6-7 year olds focuses on developing the maths, reading, writing and phonics skills that your child will learn as they progress through Years 1 & 2. Each class will teach a key skill to your child giving them opportunities to practise it in a variety of games and written activities.
Each lesson will have some or all of the following elements:
- Maths activities closely matched to the National Curriculum which will be designed to cater for every ability level.
- Fun games and activities to support your child as they begin to learn their times tables.
- Comprehensive phonics lessons reinforcing initial sounds and moving on to learning all blended sounds using the nationally accredited scheme Read Write Inc.
- Spelling games and activities, designed alongside Read Write Inc, to support your child learning to read and spell the high frequency words.
- Reading lessons using our Read Write Inc reading comprehension books. Each fiction and non-fiction book is beautifully written and illustrated containing key vocabulary and words that follow the phonics blends that your child will learn.
- SATs paper practise for Year 2 children as they near their end of year tests.
After each lesson, the parents are e-mailed a comprehensive summary of the lesson as well as guidance on additional activities that they could do with their child at home. Each 50 minute lesson includes a snack and drink and one hour’s free play (on the day of their lesson). Classes are payable termly in advance, at a cost of £18 per session.