Play and Learn for 6-7 year olds - £18 per class
Play and Learn for children 6-7 years old focuses on developing the maths, reading, writing and phonics skills. Classes will help your child to learn and progress through Years 1 & 2. Each class will teach a key skill to your child. Your child will practise the key skills in a variety of games and written activities.
Each lesson will have some or all of the following elements:
- Maths activities closely matched to the National Curriculum which will be designed to cater for every ability level.
- Fun games and activities to support your child as they begin to learn their times tables.
- Comprehensive phonics lessons reinforcing initial sounds
- Learning all blended sounds using the nationally accredited scheme Read Write Inc.
- Spelling games and activities, designed alongside Read Write Inc, to support your child learning to read and spell the high frequency words.
- Reading lessons using our Read Write Inc reading comprehension books. Each fiction and non-fiction book is beautifully written and illustrated containing key vocabulary and words that follow the phonics blends that your child will learn.
- Writing activities in both fiction and non-fiction genres to enable your child to develop their sentence constructions, punctuation and grammar.
- SATs paper practise for Year 2 children as they near their end of year tests.
After each lesson, the parents are talked through a comprehensive summary of the lesson. Parents are given guidance on additional activities that they could do with their child at home. Each 50 minute lesson includes a snack and drink and one hour’s free play (on the day of their lesson). Classes are payable termly in advance, at a cost of £18 per session.