Play and Learn for 10-11 year olds - £18 per class
Play and Learn for 10-11 year olds will support your child in preparation for their Year 6 SATs exams and secondary transfer. Each class will focus on the maths, reading and writing skills that your child will need to learn in order to become a proficient writer and confident mathematician. In addition, verbal reasoning lessons are available for children to practise for their secondary transfer tests.
Each lesson will have some or all of the following elements:
- Maths lessons closely matched to the National Curriculum, ensuring that all key skills are taught and practised.
- Mental maths activities and test practise.
- Writing lessons teaching your child how to write in a variety of genres developing a greater flow and complexity to their work.
- SATs paper practise to familiarise your child with typical questions that arise while teaching them exam technique to build their confidence.
- Verbal reasoning lessons including test paper practise.
- Interview practise for secondary school (as required).
After each lesson, the parents are e-mailed a comprehensive summary of the lesson as well as guidance on additional activities that they could do with their child at home. Each 50 minute lesson includes a snack and drink and one hour’s free play (on the day of their lesson). Classes are payable termly in advance, at a cost of £18 per session.